The Prayer of Salvation
- Romans 10:8 “But what saith it? The word is nigh thee, even in thy mouth, and in thy heart: that is, the word of faith, which we preach;
- 9 That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.
- 10 For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.
- 11 For the scripture saith, Whosoever believeth on him shall not be ashamed.
- 12 For there is no difference between the Jew and the Greek: for the same Lord over all is rich unto all that call upon him.
- 13 For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.”
When a person comes to the point where they don’t want to go to hell because of their sins and they want to go to heaven when they die and they recognize Jesus as the Solution/Savior for these concerns, “the word is nigh” them in their “mouth” and in their “heart.” This word is “the word of faith” believing what the Bible and God’s messengers have preached about Jesus, the Gospel, and His salvation. Verse 9 clarifies that anyone can be saved from their sins and hell if they will confess “the Lord Jesus” and believe “God hath raised him from the dead.” Do you believe “the Lord Jesus?” Jesus was not simply a good man, a teacher, or a prophet. Do you confess to the fact that Jesus is Lord: that Jesus is Savior, Redeemer, and God? And do you believe that Jesus really and truly rose from the dead? Verse 12 reveals that it makes no difference what nationality or color of skin you are. Jesus is “the same Lord over all”, and Jesus “is rich unto all that call upon him.” If you or “whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord”, then you “shall be saved” (vs. 13) and “shall not be ashamed” (vs. 11).
Will you call upon Jesus to save you from your sins and hell right now so that you can surely live eternally in heaven when you die? Maybe this suggested prayer can help you pray to Jesus to save you: “Dear Jesus, I am a sinner (“The Problem of Sin”). I see from the Bible that, if I do not get saved, I will die and go to hell because of my sins (“The Penalty of Sin”). I believe that Jesus died on the cross, was buried, and rose from the dead to pay for my sins (“The Payment of Sin” and “The Power Over Sin”). Please cleanse me of my sins and take me to heaven when I die. Amen.”
Did you pray for Jesus to save you? If you did, please contact us and let us know so that we can rejoice with you! Also, please read the articles: “Saved Forever” and “What to Do After You Pray to be Saved.”