A person might be tempted to push aside God’s Word concerning vaccinations since they do not appear readily in Scripture. However, our Great Judge promises to one day judge everything we say and do according to His Law of Liberty.
- James 2:12 “So speak ye, and so do, as they that shall be judged by the law of liberty.”
Since the “Lawgiver” (Jms. 4:12) will judge all we do one day upon His Word, God’s Word would need to address all we do in order for God to be Just. It may take slow and serious study concerning all we say and do, but the only way to be approved of God is to study (II Tim. 2:15).
Now, I do not claim to know everything. I am simply human as you dear reader, but I will continue to study God’s Word and bring to light what I know from God’s Word concerning all we say and do. With that in mind, this article lists some Biblical truths that I am presently aware of concerning vaccinations. Many other facts could be presented as well, but my job is to make God’s Word eminent and allow facts to supplement the Scriptures.
#1-Three times in the Gospels Jesus repeated, ““They that are whole need not a physician.”
- Matthew 9:12 “But when Jesus heard that, he said unto them, They that be whole need not a physician, but they that are sick.”
- Mark 2:17 “When Jesus heard it, he saith unto them, They that are whole have no need of the physician, but they that are sick: I came not to call the righteous, but sinners to repentance.”
- Luke 5:31 “And Jesus answering said unto them, They that are whole need not a physician; but they that are sick.”
Vaccinations are normally given to both the healthy and unhealthy, but such a practice goes against the principle of the Great Physician. “They that are sick,” and only “they that are sick,” need medical treatment. If we followed Jesus, vaccinations would only be given post-exposure. I realize that goes completely against the present world’s medical view, but just because “everyone’s doing it” doesn’t make it right. The broad way leads to destruction. (Mt. 7:13) The Balm of Gilead knows what He is doing, and even though vaccines given to healthy people may stop that one strain of vaccine, it also usually opens up a flood of other health issues. So, the healthy person who may or may not have become infected is now free of that one health scare only to perhaps become plagued for the rest of their life with a myriad other health issues.
#2-Believers are the temple of God.
- I Cor. 3:16 “Know ye not that ye are the temple of God, and that the Spirit of God dwelleth in you?”
- I Cor. 3:17 “’If any man defile the temple of God, him shall God destroy; for the temple of God is holy, which temple ye are.”
- I Cor. 6:19 “What? know ye not that your body is the temple of the Holy Ghost which is in you, which ye have of God, and ye are not your own?”
Since we are God’s holy temple, we are not to willingly damage or harm our bodies. Tattoos, drugs, alcoholic beverages, or smoking would cause harm to our bodies. Willingly injecting our bodies with disease (and other chemicals like carcinogens, neurotoxins, heavy metals, MSG) that we know will damage God’s temple would also be wrong. If in life you happen to become infected with disease, you could, at that time, receive medical help. It is wrong to willingly cause harm to your body via a vaccination that gives you a dangerous pathogen or even causes other numerous unexpected harms. America’s FDA admits that a little less than 10% experience serious reactions and deaths with vaccinations. However, 10% is a lot of people. In fact, the Christian legal group, Liberty Counsel, states, “The federal government actually pays families of vaccine-killed or disabled children nearly $100 million dollars each year and has done so since 1986, through the National Vaccine Injury Compensation Program.”
Also, some vaccines are not even needed if believers simply live a clean, moral life. Vaccinations for Hepatitis-B and HPV, which are a result of drug needles or fornication, would be wrong to inject into a sanctified believers’ body.
#3-Vaccinations may seem an innocent practice at first, but the way vaccines have been made for a number of decades makes them a moral issue. Not all, but a number of vaccines including chickenpox, polio, smallpox, rubella, ebola, hepatitis A, varicella, and rabies (and the recent COVID-19) vaccines are made from aborted babies cells. Abortion is murder. Abortion is sin. The disgusting practice of harvesting murdered babies for research is supposed to be illegal, but it definitely is unlawful to God.
Notice how while yet unborn still in their mother’s womb, God sees and states these babies as people with futures.
- Gen. 25:23“…Two nations are in thy womb…”
- Judges 13:5 “… for the child shall be a Nazarite unto God from the womb:”
- Is. 49:1 “…The LORD hath called me from the womb; from the bowels of my mother hath he made mention of my name.”
- Is. 49:5 “And now, saith the LORD that formed me from the womb to be his servant, to bring Jacob again to him…”
- Jeremiah 1:5 “Before I formed thee in the belly I knew thee; and before thou camest forth out of the womb I sanctified thee, and I ordained thee a prophet unto the nations.”
Scoffers, including some Christians sadly, quickly dismiss the aborted fetal cells claims as “conspiracy theories”. However, a U.S. Congressional panel reported in July, 2016 that a number of vaccines, in fact, do use aborted fetal tissue and/or cells for “economic, not scientific reasons.” Many in the medical community have claimed the use of human tissue a necessity for properly producing cures and vaccines. However, the report concluded, “In short, human fetal tissue is outdated technology that is not necessary for modern vaccine research. For example, current vaccine research for HIV/AIDS, Cancer, Malaria and Ebola does not rely on fetal tissue.” U.S. Rep. Marsha Blackburn (R-Tennessee) who chaired the research panel added, “Fetal tissue has been used in biomedical research for over 90 years. In this time, not a single medical cure has resulted from this research.” An organization named, “Children of God for Life”, lists all of the vaccines in the US and Canada with aborted fetal cell line products and their ethical alternatives.
The Congressional panel further stated, “Almost 75 specific vaccine formulations have been approved by the FDA for use in the United States and not a single one has been produced using freshly isolated human fetal tissue. Eleven of these vaccines rely on fetal cell lines for historic reasons, yet all of them could be produced using animal cells.”
#4-Disease will always be prevalent upon the globe because of sin. In modern times, though, we are consumed with trying to eliminate all disease from the earth through vaccinations. However, obeying God in all things has always been the safest health program. And disobeying God is the surest way to get sick.
- Ex. 15:26 “And said, If thou wilt diligently hearken to the voice of the LORD thy God, and wilt do that which is right in his sight, and wilt give ear to his commandments, and keep all his statutes, I will put none of these diseases upon thee, which I have brought upon the Egyptians: for I am the LORD that healeth thee.”
- Deut. 7:15 “And the LORD will take away from thee all sickness, and will put none of the evil diseases of Egypt, which thou knowest, upon thee; but will lay them upon all them that hate thee.”
- Deut. 28:60 “Moreover he will bring upon thee all the diseases of Egypt, which thou wast afraid of; and they shall cleave unto thee.”
Did you see how God repeatedly brings up Egypt versus His people Israel? Egypt was worldly and spiritually bereft. Egypt’s licentiousness cursed them with diseases. Diseases exist on this sin-cursed earth, and even faithful believers will experience them. However, committing sin automatically brings with it death (Rom. 6:23). You are far safer in the arms of God than in the arms of sin.