Satan is Musical
- Ezekiel 28:12 “Son of man, take up a lamentation upon the king of Tyrus, and say unto him, Thus saith the Lord GOD; Thou sealest up the sum, full of wisdom, and perfect in beauty.
13 Thou hast been in Eden the garden of God; every precious stone was thy covering, the sardius, topaz, and the diamond, the beryl, the onyx, and the jasper, the sapphire, the emerald, and the carbuncle, and gold: the workmanship of thy tabrets and of thy pipes was prepared in thee in the day that thou wast created.
14 Thou art the anointed cherub that covereth; and I have set thee so: thou wast upon the holy mountain of God; thou hast walked up and down in the midst of the stones of fire.”
What does the devil look like? To many, Satan is a red being with pointy ears, a sinister grin, and a pitchfork. And yet, II Corinthians 11:14 points out, “…for Satan himself is transformed into an angel of light.” Satan is far more attractive and appealing than most give him credit for.
Like many of God’s prophecies, Ezekiel 28 is a dual prophecy about the king of Tyrus and Satan. God starts out talking about the earthly king of Tyrus at the beginning of the chapter, but by vs. 12 God switches the focus on the devil. We can be certain God is dealing with Lucifer since only a handful of beings were in “Eden the garden of God” (vs. 13), and fewer still who could be described as “the anointed cherub that covereth” (vs. 14).
Notice the phrase at the end of vs. 13: “the workmanship of thy tabrets and of thy pipes was prepared in thee in the day that thou wast created.” Musical instruments have been divided into various groups or sections over time, but all musical instruments can be split into 3 main groups. The 3 main divisions would be: percussion (drums, cymbals, etc…), wind (trumpets, flutes, etc…), and string (guitars, violins, etc…). Some instruments like a piano (percussion and string) can be in more than one division, but all instruments can be divided into these 3 categories. From Ezekiel 28 we learn that God created in Lucifer the “tabrets” (percussion) and “pipes” (wind). When you turn back to Isaiah 14, which records Lucifer’s fall, vs. 11 reveals that God also created “viols” (string) in Lucifer. So all 3 main instrument divisions were made into the devil. It must be emphasized that Lucifer was not simply able to just play these instruments. These instruments were literally built into Lucifer.
Here are some important thoughts to keep in mind about Eze. 28 and Is. 14:
- – All 3 main instrument divisions were made into Lucifer.
- – Lucifer was a beautiful creation of God (Eze. 28:13 – all of the jewels) and Satan “is transformed into an angel of light” (II Corinthians 11:14).
- – Lucifer’s pride (Is. 14:13-14) and iniquity (Eze. 28:15) led to his fall (Is. 14:11, 15), and Lucifer became the devil, Satan.
- – Satan fell, and his music fell with him. Therefore, there is not only good music that comes from God Who is good and musical (article “God is Musical”), but there is also bad music that originates from Satan who is bad and musical.
- – All 3 main instrument divisions fell with Satan, so it is definitely possible for all instruments to be used in a corrupt manner.
- – And since Satan is a beautifully deceptive being, Satan’s music is also beautifully deceptive.
I hope you take these truths to heart, and we will build on them in future articles. For now, you need to know that Satan is musical.