All Is Not Lost
- Job 42:11 “Then came there unto him all his brethren, and all his sisters, and all they that had been of his acquaintance before, and did eat bread with him in his house: and they bemoaned him, and comforted him over all the evil that the LORD had brought upon him: every man also gave him a piece of money, and every one an earring of gold.”
In Job 1, we learn of Job’s trials. It seemed all was lost and all had been taken away from Job. But not everything had been taken away. Even when God had allowed Satan nearly full destruction on Job’s life, God had not allowed everything to be taken away. Job still had:
- – His life
- – His wife
- – 3 friends that immediately came to comfort
- – 1 young man, Elihu, not called a friend but who chose to be one anyway
- – “…all his brethren, and all his sisters, and all they that had been of his acquaintance before….” These family and friends brought with them money that helped Job get back on his feet again and be blessed twice as much as before by God.
- – “…his house…” Job apparently never lost his own house which was probably fancy and huge considering Job’s original vast wealth.
- – God
Basically, when you think that all is lost, it isn’t. Every child of God has blessings in this sin-cursed world that God hasn’t allowed to be taken away. Those blessings will be different for each believer, but God will make sure to care for His own (Phil. 4:19).